The Church building dates from around 1840 so we’ve been serving the local community for over 170 years!!!
The present congregation is the product of a union between Elderslie East Kirk and Elderslie West Kirk in 1977. We worship in what was the former West Church building.
The majority of our members come from Elderslie and our primary aim is to support the community of Elderslie itself.
We do this is in a number of ways:
- By providing weekly acts of worship
- By offering wedding and baptismal services to local people
- By supporting people at times of bereavement
- By offering a wide range of activities for both young and old to be involved in
- By making links to local community groups and supporting our local schools through chaplaincy.
- By keeping links to other local churches and to the wider Church of Scotland.
Our Minister (who can be contacted through the “contact us” page) is responsible for overseeing this work. The work of the Elderslie Kirk, however, is the work of many people.
All of our groups are run by volunteers and the work of our Church is co-ordinated by our Kirk Session (who oversee spiritual matters) and our Congregational Board (who oversee financial and fabric decisions). All Youth Workers have undergone enhanced disclosure checks.